8.29.2011

Dreams, Movies, & Heat Stroke

I was really excited at the prospect of dinner and miniature golfing Friday night, but the latter plans were postponed until further notice.  Growing up I was taught about the importance and courtesy of being on time.  Throughout life I've always been around people who don't share the same principals in that respect and while it can be annoying, it wasn't a huge deal.  I was having some wardrobe issues and running late to meet the family for dinner and I had a full blown anxiety attack over being late!  I was literally shaking and my heart was beating a million miles.  I didn't know my courtesy of timeliness had morphed into something so much more.  It was such an awful feeling and I was flabbergasted that something that intense was brought on by timeliness!!  I need to figure out how to deal with that better in the future.  Or just never be late! lol

Friday night I ended up having a pretty intense drinking dream.  For me, these types of dreams always involve me taking my first drink after an extended length of sobriety.  I woke up with an intense feeling of guilt and the involuntary desire for a glass of wine.  I'm a huge believer in intuition and things happening for a reason.  As I was wading through the aftermath of a relapse dream, my cell rang and on the other end was one of my best friends inviting me to breakfast.  She's busy allot so I don't see her a ton.  The fact that she called at that moment was a true gift from my higher power.  I met up with my other best friend a little later Saturday for a movie.  These two girls are the most amazing, special, women that anyone could ever know.  I am truly blessed to call them friends.

I went to the meeting with my friend Sunday morning.  He's pretty much comatose on the meds, but that is better than the alternative.  Hopefully the right combination will make things more manageable and he will be able to hold strong.  I dropped him off at his house after and his mom wanted to chat with me.  She was so excited to see me which was unexpected.  I'd never really had much interaction with her.  She thanked me for going to the meeting with him.  I think she knows that I'm the only stable person that he's hung out with in a long time.  Perhaps ever.  It makes me feel bad because I know that I will still be holding my boundary with him.

At home, my air conditioning has been struggling and Sunday it decided to throw in the white towel.  There was nowhere to find relief from the sweltering heat!  The open windows and doors simply mixed the hotter air with the slightly cooler air inside and the 2 ceiling fans swirled them together creating a nice sweat lodge affect. Poor Zoe could barely do anything without stopping to lay down.  At 10:15pm the house was still a sweltering 85 degrees!!!  At my dad's suggestion, I packed up the pup and went to have a sleepover at Casa De Crane.  Zoe and I reveled in the coolness of the basement room that had been her first home.  It was actually really nice being there.  In a way, it felt like home.  It was so nice to wake up and talk to dad for a few minuets before he left for the gym and have some coffee.  Zoe's spending the day there and I'll go pick her up on my way home from work.  It will be nice for her to have a change of scenery. She also loves it at Grandpa's House!!  

           Zoe w/Grandpa the day I brought her home

No comments:

Post a Comment